This isn’t a rhetorical question; I’d really like to know.
👆 Good Monday morning; time for some heaving thinking! Ha!
If you want to know what kinds of things I’m asking for, here are some things I’ve heard people talk about over the past couple years:
- Having their favorite services shut down for no reason, like Google’s RSS reader or Google+ (genuinely my favorite social media platform that got the axe, and I’ still haven’t found anything like it and I’m still not over it.).
- How you can’t buy software & own it anymore; it’s all subscription services for the rest of your life.
- How “the other guys” are silencing ideas they don’t agree with (Conservatives AND Liberals both believe the platform shadowbans their posts while promoting “the other guys.”)
- The amount of spam you get in your inbox.
- Missing out on friends because Facebook shows you posts from people you met once 7 years ago, but not the cute cat photo your wife posted.
- Having all your conversations tracked, tagged, and sold to the highest-bidding advertiser.
Those are just some of the issues that affect millions of people as we all figure out how to use this “internet thing” along with the apps, platforms, and services that it makes possible.
Since this affects so many people in so many ways, I want to know which ways you are most frustrated by. Sound off! Don’t hold back!
PS: Here’s the note that left me devastated: